Meet Dr. Stock
Dr. Stock is a native of the St. Louis area and practices as a cataract and refractive surgeon. He graduated from St. Louis Priory School and received his undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University School of Engineering double majoring in Biomedical and Electrical Engineering.
Dr. Stock earned his medical degree from Washington University. He completed his Internship at Mercy Hospital and residency in Ophthalmology at Washington University Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences. During that time, he was honored to serve our veterans at John Cochran VA Hospital. He is now serving the greater St. Louis community with the latest innovations in cataract surgery.
Dr. Stock is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Missouri Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, and the St. Louis Ophthalmology Society. He has published several peer-reviewed papers in the ophthalmic literature with a specific interest in cataract surgery outcomes. These studies have won several distinguished honors at National Meetings. He has co-authored a chapter in the Washington Manual of Patient Safety and Quality Improvement on LEAN and its application to healthcare. Dr. Stock has also been a contributor to Cataract & Refractive Surgery Today commenting on the results of some of the newest technology in cataract surgery.
Dr. Stock specializes in advanced cataract surgery and is certified to perform femtosecond laser cataract surgery which can enhance outcomes through laser-precision automation. He offers Premium Lens Implants to reduce glasses dependence after cataract removal. He is also certified in the latest in minimally-invasive glaucoma surgery.
- Undergraduate - Vanderbilt University School of Engineering
- Medical School - Washington University School of Medicine
- Internship - Mercy Hospital, St. Louis
- Residency - Washington University Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
- American Board of Ophthalmology - Board Certified
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Missouri Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Refractive Surgery Alliance
- St. Louis Ophthalmology Society
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- HSHS St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital in Effingham, IL
- Sarah Bush Lincoln Hospital in Mattoon, IL