Meet Dr. Marlow
Dr. Whitney Marlow is a comprehensive ophthalmologist and native of southern Illinois. She graduated magna cum laude from Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois with her Bachelor of Science degree in biology and a minor in psychology. Dr. Marlow attended Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, where she was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. She remained at SIU for her internship at Memorial Medical Center and St. John’s Hospital.
Dr. Marlow pursued her residency in ophthalmology at Saint Louis University, where she served as Chief Resident. She was also recognized with the S. Harrison Jerrold Award for the Outstanding Resident. During her time at Saint Louis University, she assisted in development of the ocular pathology curriculum as well as the medical student introduction to ophthalmology clinical course.
Dr. Marlow holds memberships in the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. She has experience in management of a wide spectrum of ocular pathology, including cataracts, glaucoma, and dry eye syndrome. Her greatest focus is cataract surgery, as she feels passionately about the importance of providing customized care plans to fit each individual patient’s needs and lifestyle.
Born and raised in New Baden, Illinois, Dr. Marlow is dedicated to providing care in the southern Illinois community that she calls home. She enjoys spending her time off with her husband, Beau, and children, Charlie and Joanna.
- Undergraduate - Illinois Wesleyan University
- Medical School - Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Internship - HSHS St. John's Hospital and Memorial Medical Center in Springfield, IL. Preliminary Internal Medicine Program.
- Residency - Saint Louis University - Ophthalmology Residency Program (2016 - 2019, Chief Resident 2018 - 2019)
- American Board of Ophthalmology - Board Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- St. Louis Physician Alliance
- HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital in O'Fallon
- HSHS St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital in Effingham
- HSHS Holy Family Hospital in Greenville
- Sarah Bush Lincoln Hospital in Mattoon