Preparing for your Appointment
The staff at Ideal Eye Surgery value your time and want your appointment to be as effortless as possible. That is why we use the patient portal, OnPatient. It allows you to fill out paperwork from the convenience of your home instead of hurrying through it once in the office. Learn more about OnPatient.
Things to Complete Before Appointment on Patient Portal:
- Sign up for onpatient.com (our patient portal).
- Fill out Patient Information Form (Click “Check in” to fill out)
- Agreements (read and signed – at the bottom of your Check-in process)
- HIPAA and Authorized Persons for Disclosure Consent
- Financial Contract Agreement
- Refraction Fee
** If you do not have convenient internet access, please just let us know and we will plan your appointment accordingly.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card (if you have a secondary or tertiary insurance, please bring that card too)
- Calendar to schedule any surgery and/or follow-up appointments
- Old pair of prescription glasses or old prescription
- Sunglasses (Your eyes will be dilated)
- Payment method for any required payments (accept cash, check, and credit card)
- Please do not wear your contact lenses. Recommend being out of your soft contact lenses at least 5 days before the appointment (4 weeks for gas-permeable contact lenses)
- Your eyes will be dilated. Dilation can last for 4 to 8 hours. If you are worried about driving with your eyes dilated, please arrange for appropriate transportation.
- Plan on the appointment lasting 2 hours.
If you have questions, call us at (618) 391-1660 from Illinois or (314) 391-9400 from Missouri or message us through your patient portal.